Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Feel the burn


It's day 2 and my feet are already killing me. Cyndie's garmin said today we almost walked a marathon, but wow-e-wow-wow did we see some really cool things. I sat at the base of where Peter the Apostle was crucified and visited his grave in St Peter's Basilica. This and the Sistene Chapel was probably one of the most amazing things I've ever seen. I could tell you all about it and show you pictures, but nothing will do it justice till you see it with your own eyes.

We rode the subway and the bus today to cover some ground. That's probably one of my most uncomfortable places I've ever been. Imagine a bunch of sweaty, stinky people smashed into a bus or train so tight you litterly can't move. The subway was was straight up ninja turtle style. Which kind of went a log with seeing the works of Michael Angelo, Raphael, and Leonardo. No Donatello though.

We found a big closed off area right in the middle of the city where anminal rights people take care of cats. There were hundreds of cats all over just wandering around the streets and in that area. It was pretty funny to see.

Then we walked and walked and walked some more. Toured a castle that protected the pope once.



Eat some more pizza.



Now to try and rest and get ready for tomorrow. How do old retire people do this? I feel like I'm in pretty good shape and I'm already exahausted after day two.



Oh yeah and I uploaded some photos to my mobile me gallery that you can see here if you so desire

2 comments:

Seth said...

Nicely done. That's awesome you've been to those places! Soooo....who keeps taking the pics of you and Cindy? Strangers? Tri-pod set up?

Dusty & Cyndie said...

Yeah we bought this little mini tripod that has flexible legs that you can wrap around polls and such. Unless you find an american or some old person you can catch [but then you get a bad photo] it's not really safe to ask people to take pics. There's actually gipsies that dress up like tourists and try to put themselves in that situation then they run off with your camera. It's pretty easy to tell who they are though.