Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Money doesn't grow on trees

I've had major problems with this post and have lost all that I typed more than once so you're getting the condensed version.

We got to Zurich and started looking for a hotel. Things are crazy expensive. We settle for a pretty sleezy place but we didn't find any bed bugs so it was sleep-able. The showers were communal and gross so we showered in our room sink instead.

We got some free rental bikes (the only good deal in Zurich) and rode around. We saw some old churches and just sight saw because everything else was too expensive.
see 3 pics here for blog

The next day we got breakfast for 26 CHF which is basically equal to 26 USD,and all we got was a cup of coffee, tea, some juice, and bread! We hunted for a grocery store for lunch and got twice as much food for the same price. Then we had a picnic.

After lunch we went to get our train tickets to head to Zermatt. They were 260 CHF. Something we didn't expect. The night before we checked the weather there and it was below freezing. We wouldn't really be able to do anything because we didn't have the clothes for that. We decided to head straight for Geneve. We're staying with a friend and the train tickets were way cheaper. Overall we will save tons this way.

We're hoping to get some road bikes and maybe ride around the lake. It's 120 miles it will be a big trek if it works out. It's really tough to find rentals.

Don't judge me for complaining about money you don't know how I was raised.

2 comments:

Seth said...

Bummer everything was so expensive. I know how you were raised so your concerns make sense to me.

Jody said...

I think I know how you were raised, and I appreciate your good sense! Glad it worked out that you got out of Zurich with your wallet.