Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Slower day

I don't really have any exciting news for today except we made fajitas for dinner tonight and they were great.

We woke up and looked out our country side chalet to views of the Swiss alps. I didn't even know what a chalet was. Turns out it's French for cabin. We're staying in a one room chalet with a friend outside of Geneve. It's fantastic. I needed a change of pace from the hostels in downtown areas.

We walked down to the local market and bought food for breakfast and lunch. We made delicious bacon and eggs.

Coolest things we saw today was some pigeons, ducks, and swans going crazy for some bread a girl was giving them and I watched a kid flying on a motorcycle straight up t-bone a car and fly over the bars doing a front flip. He appeared to be okay. It's amazing to me how fast the scooters and motos go out here. Even old ladies carrying groceries on there Vespas pin it through the busy streets. My dad "captain safety" would not approve.

We tried all day to find a road bike rental. You would think that in a big bike town that rentals would be easier to find. Nobody out here rents. We eventually found some to borrow through the people we are staying with. We plan on riding around lake Geneva tomorrow. I hope we have the legs for it. It's about 120 miles so it should take all day, but it's suppose to be one of the top rides in Switzerland.

I'm having trouble uploading photos so picture me having fun in your mind.


1 comment:

Jody said...

I hope it was real bacon.